StatCounter

Monday 26 March 2012

Walnut Fudge Brownies

Dinners have been fairly simple the last few days. The other day I made a roast chicken. Chickens are on sale for $5 (for 2-4lbs), so I put a couple in the freezer too. Yesterday we had stuffed chicken breasts with a marinated salad. I made fries for the kids because my oldest and my youngest haven't been feeling well, and I wanted to make sure they ate something. My husband and I had rice with it.

I did make one treat! I made a huge batch of Walnut Fudge Brownies on Saturday.

I took out peameal bacon for dinner tonight. If you don't know what that is, it's a pork loin roast that has been sweet pickle-cured and then rolled in fine cornmeal. It's similar to back bacon ("Canadian Bacon"), but back bacon is smoked and does not have cornmeal. Also, back bacon is usually sliced for you, and peameal bacon is usually a whole roast. I think I will slice it thin and grill it with a honey mustard sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment