StatCounter

Friday 9 March 2012

Day 013 Caramel Corn!

We had leftover Chicken Pot Pie for dinner tonight, and I was kinda bored since I didn't have to cook. I decided to make my mom's Oven Caramel Corn. I ended up making everyone buttered popcorn and then doing some tidying up before I got started on the caramel. It wasn't ready until well after the girls were all in bed, so they will get to try some tomorrow.



EDITED to include the recipe!


Oven Caramel Corn

15 cups popped corn                                                   
1 cup brown sugar, packed                                           
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Heat oven to 200o F. Divide popped corn between 2 ungreased baking pans, 13X9 inches.
In saucepan, heat sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around the edges.  Continue cooking over medium heat 5 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in soda until foamy.  Pour on popped corn, stirring until corn is well coated.  Bake one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

You can add unsalted peanuts or other nuts to the popped corn if desired, before adding the caramel sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to know how to do proper caramel corn...the way we always did it when I was a kid wasn't really right at all...can you tell me how you do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I edited the post to include the recipe. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete