StatCounter

Thursday 8 March 2012

Days 011 & 012

I didn't photograph yesterday's dinner. Serenity and I made a bacon and green pepper frittata. It turned out fantastic. The 2 oldest just kinda poked at it. Serenity eventually picked out all the green pepper and ate most of it. Charisma picked off all the cheese and left everything else. Astra ate almost everything I gave her. I just have to keep giving the kids eggs because we don't eat them too often and when we do they fuss.

Tonight Serenity and I made a chicken pot pie. It was a lot of work. And there was only so much she could help with. I'm not so sure if this was a great kids cooking recipe. I'll have to think on it, since part of my problem was that I refused to boil my chicken and roasting it separately was another step and one that Serenity couldn't really help with. And, it added time. But the end result was fantastic. Charisma and Astra pretty much cleaned their plates. Serenity didn't even want to try it, but eventually tried about one bite of each veggie and all the meat. *sigh* She can be so picky sometimes. My crust turned out perfectly. It was buttery and rich. I kinda wanted to pick it all off and just eat that. lol Now I'm craving apple pie. :P

Here are pics of tonight's meal:

Hot out of the oven.

One of the kids' plates. I gave them pineapple too.

A big slice. For some reason there are no carrots in view.

No comments:

Post a Comment