StatCounter

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Today 003 & Tomorrow 004

Breakfast: I gave Charisma a piece of sticky bun and she took one look before asking for an orange instead. I gave her portion to Astra. I gave the other part of the sticky bun to Serenity. She took a couple slow bites and then asked if I could save the rest for her for later. That's her polite way of saying that she doesn't love it. She confessed to me later this evening that the buns taste "too regular." To translate, she means there is not enough chocolate, icing, ice cream, and marshmallow... or rather any of that. lol

I had a sticky bun this morning too, and I think those kids are NUTS! haha My husband and I had one last night while they were still a bit warm, and I think they taste ever better today.

I'm so glad I had breakfast today because I didn't get to eat until 2pm! I took the little ones out for groceries this morning. I was only planning to get a few things, and it turned into quite the trip. I got tonnes of fresh fruits and veggies, some canned soups for my lunches, dry pasta, yogurt, milk, cream, butter, crescent rolls (the unbaked kind in a can), and a few other bits. The only meat I got was a whole seasoned (raw) chicken, and a turkey breast. The breast went in the freezer and the chicken will be for tonight.

Lunch: Charisma was getting cranky while we shopped so I ended up giving her 3 cheese sticks and a juice box. lol When we got home she had a yogurt and a banana. Astra had a peanut butter and nutella sandwich and a yogurt. The pork chops were gone from the other night, but there was a bit of mushroom gravy left, so I made rice and had it with gravy. I also had a blood orange. I haven't had a blood orange in ages! You just never see them very often. Wow, it was really good. But I'm not sure I will give any to the kids because they are really bloody! The juice is a vibrant red, like a beet, and I'm sure it would stain clothes.

Dinner: The seasoned chicken oven roasted, with mashed potatoes, and a Caesar salad with homemade croutons (made from homemade bread!).

Tomorrow: I planned leftovers because tomorrow evening is going to be crazy and busy. There is over half of the chicken left, and enough Romaine to make another salad. I didn't make too many potatoes because, you know, Serenity. So tomorrow I'll probably make packaged noodles and sauce because they're fast and the kids like them. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment