StatCounter

Monday 27 February 2012

Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns

My first experience with Challah dough, a sweet egg bread. I made Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns out of it. The recipes are from my Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book. Honestly, this is my favourite cookbook of all time.


I told myself to put a cookie sheet under the cake pans because I thought the caramel would bubble out. Then I forgot about it, and sure enough, 15 minutes into baking smoke came pouring out of my oven. There was 25 minutes left and I couldn't do a thing except open the windows and doors and put a cookie sheet underneath to catch any further drippings. Somehow, the bread was done, like done done! with 15 minutes remaining. My oven does not run hot, and I can't explain it, but it was a relief because I was then able to air out the kitchen. lol



The buns came out perfect. And not sticky at all. But like I told my husband, that could be because half the caramel sauce bubbled out. lol Actually, this is the kind of caramel that gets hard when it's cool, but the bread is still soft and moist. This is also light on the cinnamon, which is a nice change for a sticky bun. But I love cinnamon, so next time I might double it.


By the way, baking soda is a miracle oven cleaner. ;)

1 comment: