StatCounter

Sunday 26 February 2012

First Food Entry! Lunch

I will start with our food log from today. My wonderful husband let me sleep in!!! I didn't get up until 10am. That is pure heaven. haha He made the kids cereal with bananas.

For lunch, I made Serenity (my 5 year old) a half sandwich on homemade bread with ham, pickles, mayo, and mozza cheese. Normally we are a cheddar house, but the cheddar is gone and we need to buy more. And she had a handful of grapes.

Charisma (my 2 year old) split a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich with the baby. She also had a handful of grapes, and when they were all gone, she threw a fit until Serenity graciously offered her the last of hers. These were the last grapes in the house. lol

Astra (my almost 11 month old baby) had that half sandwich. I started giving her peanut butter a couple weeks ago. She is like my other girls in that she had already tasted it herself around 9 months. In her case, she stole a peanut butter sandwich from Charisma and ate it. lol Astra is not big on fruits other than applesauce and a few jarred fruit desserts. My husband did give her some banana this morning, but I'm pretty sure she just threw it all. I know because I cleaned up the breakfast table. :P Anyway, after her sandwich, which she also threw half of on the floor, she had some fruit puffs (those cereal bites that dissolve easily).

And then I gave all my kids a small piece of brownie for dessert. I made the brownies from a boxed mix last night for game night. It's the Ghiradelli mix from Costco. Expensive, but worth it! This is one item we occasionally splurge on.

My husband and I ate something different. I made us baked chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli and cheese. Sadly, it's cheaper to buy chicken like that than to make it from scratch. So those were the frozen store-bought kind. To go with it I made plain white rice. I like mine with soy sauce, hubby eats his with soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. And I also made a simple salad with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, feta, minced garlic, and a simple homemade vinaigrette.

I also got a head start on my husband's lunch for work tomorrow. I made him a ham, mustard, pickle, and mozza sandwich. I usually make him a sandwich for work when I'm making the kids' lunch. Then in the evening I put the rest of his lunch together - usually a yogurt, some fruit, a granola bar, and a treat.

For dinner tonight I've taken out pork chops. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment