StatCounter

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Chicken Fried Rice

My oldest is so silly sometimes. She can convince herself that something is going to taste awful and there is pretty much nothing we can do to teach her otherwise. This night she actually went to bed hungry. She fussed at the smell when I was cooking and refused to even sit at the table with us. I was disappointed, but also a bit relieved. See, my 2 year old wants to be like her big sister and I know that she wouldn't have even tried it if my fussy 5 year old was squirming and whining in her seat beside her. My 2 year old and 14 month old both cleaned their plates. The funny thing is, the only "stinky" thing had to be the sesame oil I drizzled on at the end. Everything in this rice is stuff my 5 year old loves. But put them together and "Ewwww!" *sigh* I can't wait till that phase is over. We just stick with it! If it's something my husband and I love we keep it in the rotation and the kids will eventually expand their tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment